Students who wish to request accommodations should contact their school's Local Student Disability Coordinator (LDC) to initiate the reasonable accommodation exploration process. Many LDCs have resources and forms posted on their website to begin the process. Please see the LDC List to find your School’s contact person or office.


Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students who live in Harvard University Housing and wish to request accessible housing accommodations should follow the appropriate policies & procedures listed below (please note that exceptions to these policies are granted only on the basic of approved requests for disability-related accommodations).

University Disability Resources will partner with Harvard University Housing to explore requests for housing accommodations. To initiate the process please complete and submit the Housing Reasonable Accomodation Request Form. For requests related to Assistance Animals in Housing, please complete and submit the Assistance Animal Request FormThe requestor must also submit medical documentation from a qualified health care provider. Medical documentation must identify functional limitations that support the requested accommodation is necessary to allow equal opportunity to participate in the housing program

If unable to utilize the digital forms above, then these documents may also be sent to our UDR email or via fax at (617) 495-8520.

For an overview of Harvard University Housing information see:
Harvard University Housing (HUH): Prospective Residents with Disabilities


Hotel Accommodations: Many Metro Boston and Cambridge Hotels offer accessible lodging. The Harvard Square Business Association (HSBA) maintains a List of Harvard Square Hotels. Family and friends needing accessible lodging are strongly encouraged to reserve accessible hotel rooms as far in advance as possible. Please note HSBA's harvardsquare.com is not Harvard affiliated and Harvard is not responsible for availability, accuracy, or changes in service.