Harvard University Parking
University Disability Services (UDS) and Parking Services jointly manage all parking policy and parking requests based on disability. Persons who require accessible parking as a reasonable accommodation will not be required to pay more than the applicable rate for similarly situated individuals without disabilities who park in the same facility.
Accessible permits may be purchased online for the following locations:
- Broadway Garage (convenient for Harvard Art Museums and surrounding areas)
- 52 Oxford Street Garage (convenient for Northwest Science, Harvard Museum of Natural History, Peabody Museum and surrounding areas)
- 10 Everett Street Garage (convenient for Harvard Law School and surrounding areas)
Purchase accessible permits online at http://www.transportation.harvard.edu/parking/visitors/online-daily-permits. If you do not have an assigned code, please use – Department: Visitor to Campus, Department Code: 7700.
Individuals seeking parking in alternate locations not listed above, please contact UDS via e-mail at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Location of Visit
- Date and time of visit
- Name of individual driving
- Functional Limitations (i.e. Can walk short distances, Uses Wheelchair, Stairs okay, No Stairs)
- Vehicle Color
- Vehicle Model
- License plate number and State
- Parking Space Type (Standard accessible, Van accessible)
- If available, please provide state-issued disabled placard number
*Please note that requests are unable to be processed without the information above
For information regarding parking at the Longwood Medical Campus, please call 617.432.1111
Public Parking & Transportation Options
There are numerous available public options in the Cambridge/Boston areas such as the MBTA public transportation, taxi services, or Cambridge public parking.
MBTA Public Transportation: MBTA Website www.mbta.com
Information about Accessibility & the MBTA http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/accessible_services/
Logan Airport Access & Taxi Services: https://www.massport.com/logan-airport/inside-the-airport/ada-compliance-and-accessibility/getting-to-and-from-logan/
Public Parking Garages and Lots in Harvard Square:There are several public parking garages in Harvard Square, which may be found at this link: http://www.harvardsquare.com/maps.aspx.
City of Cambridge Parking Spaces: In the city of Cambridge, individuals with a state-issued HP plate or placard may park for free in Cambridge owned spots. For Harvard owned parking spots, a Harvard University parking permit is required in addition to a plate or placard for accessible parking.
Please note public transportation, taxi services, and public parking are not Harvard affiliated and Harvard is not responsible for availability or changes in service.